Undergraduate Internship Program in Europe
- Bruegel, a Belgium-based think tank devoted to policy research on international economic issues: 3 positions, Spring or Summer Quarter, 6 consecutive weeks.
- Institute for European Environmental Policy (IEEP), an environmental sustainability policy think tank based in Belgium: 2 positions, Spring or Summer Quarter, 8 consecutive weeks.
- LICOS Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance is a research center at the University of Leuven, Belgium. Since its foundation in 1991, research at LICOS has focused on theoretical and empirical research of micro- and macro-economic aspects of transition, institutional changes, and economic performance across the world: 1 position, Spring or Summer Quarter, 6 consecutive weeks.
- The Lisbon Council, a thought leader based in Brussels, focused on broad issues of social, political, and economic modernization: 1 position, Spring or Summer Quarter, 6 consecutive weeks.
- Vabamu Museum of Occupations and Freedom, a private institution in Estonia whose task is to collect, process, study and present the history of the occupations of Estonia, 1939-1991, the resistance movement and the return of independent statehood: 1 position, Spring or Summer Quarter, 8 consecutive weeks.
Application and Requirements
Grants of $6,000 to $8,000 will be awarded by the Europe Center along with each internship to cover the cost of travel and basic living expenses. Interns will be required to complete a survey about their experience after their return and post regularly to the Global Student Fellows Blog.
The format for the above internships, except for Bruegel, may be conducted as virtual/remote or in-person, pending University policy. Bruegel will only be able to host in-person internships.
- The applicant must currently be an enrolled undergraduate at Stanford and in good standing.
- The applicant cannot have his/her undergraduate degree conferred before the completion of this internship.
- Seniors who will be returning to coterm for all of next year are eligible to apply.
- Global Studies minors in European Studies will receive preference for these internships sponsored by The Europe Center.
- Internships will be conducted during summer quarter: June 20, 2022 to August 12, 2022 for 8 weeks.
- Application Period Opens: January 3, 2022
- Application Deadline: February 10, 2022
- Applicants must submit a completed online application form, including a resume and unofficial transcript of Stanford courses.
- Students selected for interviews will be contacted prior to March 11, 2022
In the Undergraduate Internship Program in Europe