Applications for The Europe Center's summer Undergraduate Internships in Europe open each January and provide opportunities for students to intern at leading European think-tanks, cultural, and transnational organizations.
Grants of $6,000 to $8,000 will be awarded by The Europe Center along with each internship to cover the cost of travel and basic living expenses. Interns are required to complete a survey about their experience after their return and are expected to post regularly to the Global Student Fellows Blog while abroad.
All internships are held in person, pending any changes to University policy. Some host organizations may request interns onboard virtually during the end of Spring quarter prior to starting in country.
- The applicant must currently be an enrolled undergraduate at Stanford and in good standing.
- The applicant cannot have their undergraduate degree conferred before the completion of this internship.
- Seniors who will be returning to coterm for all of next year are eligible to apply.
- Global Studies minors in European Studies will receive preference for these internships sponsored by The Europe Center.
- Internships will be conducted during the summer: June 9, 2023 to September 1, 2023 for 6-8 weeks.
- The Europe Center does not sponsor visas for these internships and students are responsible for ensuring they have the requisite travel documents.
- Application Period Opens: January 9, 2023
- Application Deadline: February 10, 2023
- Applicants must submit a completed online application form, including a resume and unofficial transcript of Stanford courses.
Students selected for interviews will be contacted prior to March 10, 2023.