Applications for Summer 2024 open now!
The Europe Center, with support of the Stanford Club of Germany, sponsors graduate research visits and internships with German companies and research institutions. The objective of this program is to provide opportunities for Stanford graduate students to spend 8-12 weeks in Germany pursuing internships or performing research such as lab exchanges and collaborative research at local institutions.
- Students identify target institutions based on curricular expertise and career goals; the program provides support in locating potential host sites and in negotiating arrangements. While not required, priority will be given to students who have already identified an internship/research host.
- Applicants are encouraged to consider the full range of potential placement sites, from startups to established industry players and research institutions.
- Exact start and end dates to be determined by the host and student.
- Travel grants up to $9,000 are awarded by The Europe Center with each internship/research visit. Awardees are required to submit a three-page report of their experience two weeks after their return.
- Graduate (PhD and Master) students are welcome to apply.
- The applicant must have completed their undergraduate degree and must currently be an enrolled graduate at Stanford and in good standing.
- The applicant cannot have their graduate degree conferred before the completion of this internship.
- Application Period Opens on Tuesday, September 26, 2023.
- Information Session: October 19, 2023 at 12PM. Register for a zoom link. Watch the recording from last year's session below or on TEC's YouTube channel.
- Application Deadline: Monday, November 27, 2023.
- Applicants must submit a completed online application form including a resume or CV, an unofficial transcript of Stanford courses, and a statement of interest.
- Apply here.
- Students selected for interviews will be notified Wednesday, December 13, 2023.
- Interviews will be conducted the week of January 8, 2024.
- Final selection decisions will be announced by Monday, January 22, 2024.