Applications for Summer 2023 open now!
The Europe Center, with support of the Stanford Club of Germany, is sponsoring graduate research visits and internships with German companies and research institutions. The objective of this program is to provide opportunities for Stanford graduate students to spend 8-12 weeks in Germany pursuing internships or performing research such as lab exchanges and collaborative research at local institutions.
- Students identify target institutions based on curricular expertise and career goals; the program provides support in locating potential host sites and in negotiating arrangements. While not required, priority will be given to students who have already identified an internship/research host.
- Applicants are encouraged to consider the full range of potential placement sites, from startups to established industry players and research institutions.
- Exact start and end dates to be determined by the host and student.
Grants up to $9,000 are awarded by The Europe Center with each internship/research visit to cover the cost of travel and basic living expenses. Awardees will be required to submit a three-page report of their experience two weeks after their return.
- Graduate (PhD and Master) students are welcome to apply.
- The applicant must have completed their undergraduate degree and must currently be an enrolled graduate at Stanford and in good standing.
- The applicant cannot have his/her graduate degree conferred before the completion of this internship.
- Application Period Opens on Monday, September 26, 2022.
- Information Session: TBD (October 2022). Watch the recording from the 2021 Info Session.
- Application Deadline: Monday, November 28, 2022.
- Applicants must submit a completed online application form including a resume or CV, an unofficial transcript of Stanford courses and a statement of interest.
- Students selected for interviews will be notified Wednesday, December 14, 2022.
- Interviews will be conducted by mid-January.
- Final selection decisions will be announced by Monday, January 23, 2023.